Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody USING MitouJTAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
usbdemon bin

One of the prototype is:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Which ARM cpu with embedded Fast Ethernet ?
I have experience with Samsung S3C4530A, but now it available only till 2005 october.
Maybe Atmel AT91RM9200 ?

For example EPI MAJIC probe is based on Netsilicon CPU.
**broken link removed**

Also good, fast and very simple solution is USB JTAG on FT2232 chip, I have working prototype.

usbdemon ft2232

dainis said:
One of the prototype is:
h**p://www.embedinfo.com/English/Product/unetice.asp

Wow, 580$! I always wonder about prices of JTAG controllers :)
They set sell price as 10x of production price.

dainis said:
Which ARM cpu with embedded Fast Ethernet ?
I have experience with Samsung S3C4530A, but now it available only till 2005 october. Maybe Atmel AT91RM9200 ?

I think it is OK. A little bit pricey, but has also USB 2.0 on-chip. EP9301 from Cirrus can be considered as alternative.

Another approach could be usual routers with ARM-based SoC (from Broadcom, Conexant etc.) They are very cheap now, have all necessary parts (sometime, with USB) and can be considered as good start platform for design (just add CPLD).
BTW, anybody interested in Wi-Fi JTAG controller? ;-) Cause, there are some cheap ARM-based routers with Wi-Fi.

Finally, cheap ARM7 from Philips + external Ethernet chip (like CS8900) . But I'm not sure that its performance will be enough.

dainis said:
Also good, fast and very simple solution is USB JTAG on FT2232 chip, I have working prototype.

Can you provide performance results of FT2232? It looks very promising as USB JTAG solution, but I still have no chances to try it on.

anybody using mitoujtag

Ace-X said:
Can you provide performance results of FT2232? It looks very promising as USB JTAG solution, but I still have no chances to try it on.

FLASH Image size 302254 bytes ( 295,17KB), Flash chip M29W320DB
Samsung S3C4530A ARM7TDMI CPU

Performance for 3 different JTAGS, with Macraigor FlashProg:
Wiggler speed=1, JTAG clock 320KHz
Programm/Verify 5,9KB/s Verify 7KB/s

Raven (Amontec Chameleon POD) JTAG clock 8MHz
Programm/Verify 15,5KB/s Verify 16,4KB/s

Macraigor usbDemon (FT2232 chip based)
Programm/Verify 8,9KB/s Verify 12,3KB/s

Simplest way to get simple and cheap Ethernet based JTAG probe,
is using UBICOM IP2022 microcontroller, it have internal 10 Base-T ethernet, only nead external magnetics and RJ45 conector, for fast JTAG transfer, it have programmable "High speed serial unit" (SERDES).
It is really to make fast and simple JTAG with Ethernet interface on one chip ....

mitou jtag download

dainis said:
Simplest way to get simple and cheap Ethernet based JTAG probe,
is using UBICOM IP2022 microcontroller, it have internal 10 Base-T ethernet, only nead external magnetics and RJ45 conector, for fast JTAG transfer, it have programmable "High speed serial unit" (SERDES).
It is really to make fast and simple JTAG with Ethernet interface on one chip ....

IP2022 is pretty universal uC, but I foresee at least 3 problems with it:
1. It has 10 Base-T Ethernet, not 100. Therefore, it will limit max. speed of TCK clock to <8 Mhz. If we decide to provide several JTAG channels, it will degrade TCK freq. even more.
2. I still remember first revision of IP2022 with SerDes problems and non-working Ethernet. How is the situation with further chip revisions?
3. IP2022 is "hard to find" chip for usual designers. But because we are thinking about open-source JTAG box, so we have to use something more usual, like ARM.

jtag bitbang

Ace-X said:
IP2022 is pretty universal uC, but I foresee at least 3 problems with it:
1. It has 10 Base-T Ethernet, not 100. Therefore, it will limit max. speed of TCK clock to <8 Mhz. If we decide to provide several JTAG channels, it will degrade TCK freq. even more.
2. I still remember first revision of IP2022 with SerDes problems and non-working Ethernet. How is the situation with further chip revisions?
3. IP2022 is "hard to find" chip for usual designers. But because we are thinking about open-source JTAG box, so we have to use something more usual, like ARM.

1. Ok, this is speed limitation, but I do not remember any simplest device with similar capabilities.
Now Ubicom have new, faster microcontroller IP3023, with Fast ethernet ....

2. Now, chips is ok.

3. Chips is not problem: **broken link removed**
but problem is IP2K open source software (SDK).

p.s.
What is project status now ?
p.s.p.s
I have board with Samsung S3C4530A chip, with Fast ethernet and some I/O pins, it is possible to using this board as low speed (1-2MHz) evolution platform for Ethernet based JTAG.
What transport encapsulation (IP, UDP, TCP) is used for communication from PC to JTAG ?

download mitou jtag

I sent an E-mail to the project manager and haven't got any answer ..
Without him disclosing the API ..we can't do a THING!

It seems that he makes his money with the sell of Jtag adapters .. So it would seem that he has no interest in an OPEN FREE Jtag adapter to compete against his.

boundaryscan ftdi2232

dainis said:
3. Chips is not problem: h**p://www.svtehs.com/cgi-bin/showprice.pl
but problem is IP2K open source software (SDK).

Congratulations on 1000 posts ;-)

As far as I remember, SVTehs asks 60$ for delivery. Maybe they have been changed this policy since Latvia is a part of EU? IP2022 is about 20-25$. Also, quite expensive. I would rather prefer ARM9 with integrated Ethernet for the same price.

dainis said:
I have board with Samsung S3C4530A chip, with Fast ethernet and some I/O pins, it is possible to using this board as low speed (1-2MHz) evolution platform for Ethernet based JTAG.
What transport encapsulation (IP, UDP, TCP) is used for communication from PC to JTAG ?

If we would get to contact with author of MitouJTAG, we will just need his high-level interface, like the set of JTAG functions prototypes. So, I guess the rest, like TCP/IP encapsulation will be on our own.

eltonjohn said:
I sent an E-mail to the project manager and haven't got any answer ..

So am I. Quite strange, because TCP/IP adapter is not on his TODO list. Probably we should try to write again in Japanese? ;-) Otherwise we will need to implement SW part also by our own. Alternatively, we can consider using of JDrive for Xilinx, JRunner for Altera, and some open-source JTAG routines for ARM from SourceForge?

The Linksys WRT54GS is a 200Mhz MIPS platform
With 16M Flash & 32M Ram , OS is linux and is GPL'ed

**broken link removed**

Has both Source + fill MIPS Linux toolchain in the zip

www.sweasoft.com (forums) has more info on the HW , there are 2 x RS232 just add Max232 to it.

The only prob is IO's for CPLD and Broadcomm chip is BGA :-(

/Bingo

Hi,
Sorry that I have not been availalbe for a while. I just moved from Ireoland to France and don't have much time to spend on my own.

I would love to participate in this project, but I can not be of any help until the end of march when I get my stuff moved from Ireland and get my home and computer in order.

The idea of a ethernet based Jtag sounds very interesting. I have no background in ethernet, but there are a lot of simple ICs with ethernet on them (such as the rabit chip) and cheap enough to do some good experiment.

BR,
/Farhad

Guyzz

(EJ , Ace , Farhad & others)

Did you go further with this project ???

Do you have any schematics for USB or ????

I would love to try an USB version , i have a FT2232C module here i could use.

Has anyone succeded in getting a newer releae of the Mitou-Software ???

I am having a bit of trouble finding round there , even with babelfish , and can't find any "download" tabs.

Maybe someone could upload a newer version if there are any ???

/Bingo

Bingo600 said:
Guyzz

I would love to try an USB version , i have a FT2232C module here i could use.

/Bingo

I some time ago, played with self built module on FT2232C, it reading Samsung
S3C4530 CPU ID ....

p.s.
Now available many small and good ARM CPUs with internal FLASH and USB.

People in Russia made J-Link compatible JTAG device MT-Link, it bulded
on Philips LPC2142 and cost is about 70 $USD, but in Moscow :(

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Can't understand much of the pdf .. he..he

But 70$ that ok by me :)

Wonder what the Mitou costs with their USB dongle

/Bingo

I tried to download it but it keeps giving me internal server error. I will try later.

Does the anybody knows what is latest mitoujtag version ?

where can i download Mitoujtag needed badly for xilinx cpld debuging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back