Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody USING MitouJTAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mitoujtag

I manage to use MitouJTAG from **broken link removed**

This soft is great i can program XILINX devices ,ISP proms and ARM chips
it supports a good variety of cables .And particuliarly an inexpensive USB with the FTDI chip .
the doc in english is here :

**broken link removed**
and in particuliar this page
**broken link removed**

This program REPLACES iMPACT entierly on top it does other FPGAS besides XILINX . you can debug ARM CHIPS under gdb and use it also as a logic ANALIZER
is free and is very sofisticated and supports cheap cables JTAG cables like XILINX cable III .

mitoujtag download

Hi EltonJohn,
Very interesting. I was dying to find something to support USB, my laptop does not have a parallell port and I am kind of handicaped without it.

Do you have any informaiton about their FT245 bit bang cable? What pins they use and how I can make my own?

I have ordered a bunch of them and was planning to make something similar to it, but if they have guidelines that would be great.

I tried to download it but it keeps giving me internal server error. I will try later.
TIA,
/Farhad

mt-link jtag

This product looks very nice, but still on alpha/beta testing stage.
As to FT245 BitBang, here is translation from Japanese for part FAQ page (**broken link removed**)

* Which one JTAG cable has the best performance?

Usually, parallel port cables are the best. This is because with USB it is very difficult to get high efficiency when transferring small chunk of data. But for some applications, like the configuration of FPGA (when the big data is sent in bundle), USB performance becomes high.

* Can you use the BitBang mode of FT245?

The corresponding MITOUJTAG driver for BitBang mode was developed, but it showed to be very slow in real applications. In addition, because of frequent errors, we put it off current release.

givio.sys

Just went to their Japanese pages and found out that they do not supportit anymore.

The design was droped due to problems. Their USB cables are pretty expensive (250 euro for the moblie JTAG and 148 for the tinyone).

But, I will try to download the program again, maybe I can "teach" it work with my own FT245+CPLD board.

BR,
/Farhad

~hhoegl/proj

@eltonjohn
Did you use it with a Xilinx standard Jtag Cable ??
I have 2 of them here.

Does anyone have a working download link ??

The downloadbutton doens't work.

/Bingo

mitoujtag

The server hasn't been avalaible for some time .But here is :
I have use a cheap xilinx cable III and it works great .I have the design for the NEW USB bitbang .with the FTDI2232 .i will try it some time later.

on that Q&A (in japanese) they say that this new USB-jtag bitbang is better than the one with the 245 :
i used a tranlator and i got this:

Is the JTAG cable whose performance is best what?
It is parallel port connection. Because, because with USB it is very difficult, at high efficiency to transfer the mass data of small size USB compared to parallel connection with many applications as for performance becomes high. But, like the configuration of FPGA when the big data is sent with bundle, USB performance becomes high.

You can use the BitBang mode of FT245?
The MITOUJTAG driver of one timewise Bitbang mode correspondence was developed, but very to be slow the throughput which is realistic you could not obtain speed. In addition, because error occurs frequently, we put off release.

You can use the BitBang mode whose FT2232 is new?
Presently development is done. The MPSSE mode of FT2232 is thought as promising very.

m29w320db +keil

Thanks a lot,
I actually got it from them (translated the Japanese download page and registered myself :) )

My biggest problem right now is that I don't have a paralell port on my laptop, and my desktop is in the room were my wife is working so every time I need to download anything, I have to use her computer and she is not happy about it. The USB downloaders are so expensive I can not afford them.

I have the FT245 board already, so I will try to see how it recognizes the board when I connect it to my computer.

BR,
/Farhad

xilinx mitou

@eltonjohn

Thanx for the file :)

I will try with a xilinx parallel cable , and maybe with a XC9536 on one of farhada's boards :)

Is there any doc available that isn't japanese ??

Rgds
/Bingo

ftdi lpt 245 schematic

I'm using http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr and is possible to browse all the japanese site trasnlated .
What i would like to do is be able to save the translated pages .But i can't . it looks like altavista won't allow it .
There are some incredibles examples on how to use de logic analizer .The reason that is better to have a FAST USB-Jtag cable is when you use the logic analizer .
Is really great!.

ftdi 232bm arm jtag

Hi,
Have you guys access to the Givio.sys file? It is an old file but I can not find it using google. It needs the file in order to support the Xilinx Parallell cable III.

TIA,
/Farhad

xlinx impact tcp/ip

farhada said:
Hi,
Have you guys access to the Givio.sys file? It is an old file but I can not find it using google. It needs the file in order to support the Xilinx Parallell cable III.

I attached archive with driver and setup instructions.

mitou jtag

Hi,
Thank you very much, It solved the problem of not being able to download an old Xilinx XC9500 (Xilinx iMPACT does not support devices with device ID 0000).

It is slower than Xilinx but as long as it works, I am the hapiest guy on earth!

I will try the USB from Philips later this evening and get back to you on that.

BR,
/Farhad

mitou jtag

Hi,
I tried the Philips USB/JTAG unit (from Keil) but with not success.

The interesting part of this program is that it supports JTAg programming of devices from Altera, Lattics and Xilinx with the JTAG units from any of the 3 companies. I really enjoy it, now I can put my Lattice and Altera programmers on the side and only use my xilinx download cable.

It is great.

/Farhad

mitoujatg

HI FARHADA ... i'm also very exited about THIS NEW TOOL ..I think that is going to become a BIG THING ! .
You know the guy also is accepting developers .So it would be GREAT to give him a hand with USB -JTAG cables ..! .

mt-link openocd

HI Eltonjohn,
Cool, should I contact him? Because I am deffinitely interested in using only one USB based JTAG unit for all my devices (I user ARM, Altera, Xilinx, among others). It would be a huge benefit to get rid of all the stupid units and use one only.

I have a FTDI based device that I have designed myself, it has all the conectors for different JTAGs, but I have not worked on rgraming it specially since I am not sure about the JTAG interface on the SW side, I will let him know about my board and see if we can cook something together.

BR,
/Farhad

ftdi2232 based jtag boundary scan

farhada said:
HI Eltonjohn,
I have a FTDI based device that I have designed myself, it has all the conectors for different JTAGs, but I have not worked on rgraming it specially since I am not sure about the JTAG interface on the SW side, I will let him know about my board and see if we can cook something together.

Should be not a problem to add support for FTDI-based cables, because they have very good programming support, so it will require just some additional strings of code. Bad news is that old FTDI (232 and 245) are quite slow in bit-bang mode, much slower than LPT, so it could be good idea to consider FT2232 as possible alternative.

ftdi fpga configuration mpsse jtag example

You know guys what would be great !! is an OPEN ETHERNET based JTAG server
with capability of multiple JTAG connections ..in that way it would be independant of the the chip used ..just assign an ip address and send the jtag commands ..
there are plenty of chips that could be used.

s3c4530a images

eltonjohn said:
You know guys what would be great !! is an OPEN ETHERNET based JTAG server
with capability of multiple JTAG connections ..in that way it would be independant of the the chip used ..just assign an ip address and send the jtag commands ..
there are plenty of chips that could be used.

Actually, I also thought about it. It would be also nice approach for remote debugging. 100 Mbit Ethernet + uC to implement TCP/IP stack (ARM should be fast enough with 100 Mbit stream handling) + CPLD for byte(word)-to-serial transform and running by states of TAP controller. This solution could be quite cheap and universal. Also, it will be much faster than usual LPT/USB JTAG solutions.

Who else want to join team? We can discuss details of network protocol with author of MitouJTAG: our hardware/firmware + his software.

samsung s3c4530a source

Ok i could WORK on the TCP/STACK .. i have plenty of solutions and i even wrote some myself in the PAST .. ..We should start by getting in touch with the JAPANESE guy to have an idea of his API interface...
but ..yes to have something like this WILL BE THE ... THE ..!! i can't even find WORDS .. because it gets sexual...

ubicom ip3023 wiggler

OK. I can get hardware design of TAP controller. I designed high-speed JTAG controllers before, so it should be as 1-2-3. Let's wait, maybe farhada will join us. Then we can write to this japanese guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back