Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ANY IDEA ABOUT ENERGY SAVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

THIS IS MY 2ND REQUEST I WANT TO BUILT A ENERGY SAVER WHICH CAN DRIVE A LOAD OF 15 AMPS

REGARDS
FRAGRANCE

Fragrance said:
HI,

THIS IS MY 2ND REQUEST I WANT TO BUILT A ENERGY SAVER WHICH CAN DRIVE A LOAD OF 15 AMPS

REGARDS
FRAGRANCE

Hi FRAGRANCE,
Please clarify what you want. For example what kind of load and what is the usage.
Usually control the power factor, power demand and time of use also setting the priority of use.

Hi

I thanks full for reply to my topic and reactivation of it, now I come to topic I have some idea but how it applicable I am not clear. Yes it’s some thing like controlling of factor in Ac power line.

As for as I know that if the power factor drop the consumption of power increase a my friend told me that in such controller factor should be 1Hz above from the required is he is right I am not sure about this. I have an Air conditioner in my office from national Japan. It has some kind of circuit built in which control the factor unfortunately it’s felled with epoxy.
So I cannot see any thing inside what it does it control the electricity bill other hand a same Air conditioner with same power consume too much electricity.

I think this will clear the all aspect what I need once again thanks to friends and aslo to flatulent.

two different things

I think the circuit in the air conditioner is not a power factor corrector. Power factor is when the load has a reactive part, usually inductive. The current drawn by the inductive part does not produce energy. It does flow from the wires from the generating station making a i^2 R drop. The meter at your building measures only real power so that is all you pay for. The power lost in the wiring to the generator is paid for by the power company.

Houses do not have a bad power factor. Industry does. They are required to fix the power factor or have an extra payment to the generating company.

The circuit in your air conditioner may turn it off during times of the day or may be a remote control device transmitted to by the generating company. In some places the power consumed is priced differently during each part of the day.

P (true) = E X I X pf where the ideal pf = 1

Low pf is not desirable. The lower the pf, the greater the current needed to transmit a given amount of power.

E

PF correction

Just for informational purposes, the two ways that industrial plants correct the power factor is for low powers they put capacitors across the line. For high powers they run a special motor with a phase shift between the field and rotor windings. This simulates the effects of a shunt capacitor.

Since either of these makes a parallel tuned circuit across the line with circulating currents in the LC circuit, the power factor is only reduced to 0.8 because a lower value produces more loss in the LC circuit than the savings in line loss.

There are special circuits for motors that are run all the time, but loaded part of the time like drill presses. Off line switching regulators also have special ciruits.

Hi Fragrance,
I think for your case the air conditioner maybe use some electronic circuit to improve the efficiency of the major part i.e. motors, so it can save energy. One of that is inverter and also vary speed and using fuzzy logic, which in modern air conditioner use this kind of thing especially from japan.

I think for this case a fuelcell

I think for this case a fuelcell

Hi Friend

I have get rid of the device what its does the same kind of device is available in local market which can reduce the consumption of electricity I have bought this to see what inside, this some kind of inverter or PWM pulse phase shifter some think like that.
Further more I also checked the amperage consumption of the both Air conditioners and notice that the air conditioner with circuit built in consuming just 3.5 amps other hand the other one with same spec consuming around 8.5 amps.

Now I did further more experiments with device which I bought from the market attaching it with air conditioner which have not installed this device in it, and I get an eye opening surprise that the power consumption of the air conditioner is drop to 3.75 amps.

Now what this device contain inside a PIC 16C627 and lm324 some transistor two F.E.T
Transformer less power supply, after this I search the Microchip web page and get the answer how it possible so visit the following page

**broken link removed**

I saw some year ago energy saver which was based on principle that electrometer works correctly only if cos fi is inductive and better then e.g 0.6 . And if you connect behind this a big capapacitive load, then current flows from you (not to you) and electormeter take away energy. It works on mechanical electrometers.
There were big electrolytic capacitors alternately switched by thyristors. In one half of sine were charged and in second discharged.

Fragrance

Did you measure the phase angle of your currents.

Here is what I think is going on. Remember my drill press comments a few posts above. Air conditioners usually have one motor that drives the fan and the compressor (through a clutch). This is similar to the drill press with two load levels.

This power factor corrector does not reduce your power bill because the meter measures real power, not reactive kva.

It is probable that the air conditioner was covered by government regulations about power factor so that the national power grid would run more efficiently.

In Europe (the last time I checked) off line switching regulators of over 100 W rating had to have input power factor correctors.

how they work

The second of the above links hits the problem on the spot. A summary of it is that when the motor load is reduced, the line voltage is reduced. This is what the FET module does. It samples the line voltage at a high frequency and pulse width modulates what it applies to the motor.

The book "Power Electronics" by Muhammad Harunur Rashid published by Prentice Hall in 1988 has a section on the algorithms used to select the pulse widths.

hi

first i would like to say thanks to loving flatulent and to tornado for providing some good links, i forget to mension in my last post the link provided by me to micro chip web page the right thing come in the artical as bonus artical in the end of the artical,

dear flatulent i have checked the pahse agnle of input and out put of the energy saver the input and out put phase angle are reverse mean if positive half in the in put the out put half is negative i have started work on it to build my own once i get success i will upload it here for other friends and user also

hi

i have got the web link of manufacturer of energy saver which i am using
after a pain full search of net

**broken link removed**

i think youll find
the laws of conservation of energy are quite clear

you dont get something for nothing in this physical realm

so i think all these devices do is kid the digital meter into thinking your consuming less current

as a point most analogue ac meters only measure rms current
and its easy to hid the missing current in the peek region

so think again

hi Fragrance
i read all the posts.
but these links after some years dont work properly:

http://techtrain.microchip.com/masters2003/(jaihna45uo51afetnn4wjkqj)/masters2003-CD/classes/734/734_DCC.pdf

**broken link removed**

can you help me?!

Dear Fragrance,
I have read your technical comments so many times. I have read your thread regarding energy saver which consists of pic uC, transistors and two mosfets. which exremely reduces the consumption of AC. Have you succeded to develop this energy saver? if so kindly share the knowledge on edaboard or on my e-mail:javed4004 at yahoo dot com. In my country the AC cannot be afforded.
waiting for positive response.

best regards,

javed

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Dear Mehdi007,

Do you have any idea about slowing the electricity meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back