Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about PCIe specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhzpdl13

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a few questions about PCIe specification.
As I don't have the PCIe specifications at hand but from PCI Express Base Specification Revision 6.0,

1. What do you think .. which conditions or states let directors make the specification below?
- For the common receiver parameters, mininum input impedance of receiver should be 1.0K ohm at least when DC input CM for V<0 during Reset or power-down. (Z_RX-HIGH-IMP-DC-NEG)
- Note 4 let me think that this specification matters for receiver detect circuits of transmitter, but there is no obvious wording or evidence about it.

2. When designing T-coil in both receiver and transmitter, 3-dB bandwidth in terms of AC gain suffers especially in receiver.
I think it is inevitable to have low 3-dB bandwidth especially in receiver because of high parasitic capacitances from esd-protection diodes and receiver input.
I also think that the design of T-coil should be focused on the improvement of return loss by priority, I'm curious about other people's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back