Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any alternative than UV exposure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClouDxv1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im making 1 PCB board, i hv the necessary material to do it, but not the UV exposure unit. Can i know if there's any alternative to print my circuit onto the board without using UV exposure ?

Thanks,
Jason

The photoresist board needs to be exposed to ultra-violet light through the artwork and I am not aware of other methods ..

If you try to make simple PCBs you can use etchant resist pen such as DALO and "paint" directly on copper .. or, if you have a laser printer or photocopier, you can print your artwork onto "press & pill PCB film", cut to size, iron on to copper laminated blank, then etch in ferric chloride ..

Regards,
IanP

Once upon a time, during my reckless youth :twisted:, I used a big ancient carbon arc lamp to expose my project boards. I placed the board a couple feet in front of the lamp, covered my eyes, threw the big switch, and BZZZZZZ! Ten seconds later the exposure was complete.

It was also great for erasing EPROMs in a few seconds.

Related info and warnings:
https://members.misty.com/don/carbarc.html

Can i just expose the board to direct sunlight, since sunlight do hv some UV rays in it. Will that do?

Typical exposure:

- 8 minutes under sun light with moderate strength.

- 2 minutes from 4cm with 16 Watts of UV lamp. (Our Laboratory Setup)

Quoted from:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Reactions: Abeer_h

ClouDxv1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Abeer_h

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can expose it in sunlight for around 5 min . now i am using mercury lamp 160w arount 30" distance for 3 min. it is giving good results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back