Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna prolem related to yagi yuda or recmend me any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saro

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
yagi omega match

hi guys,
i need nec code for this problem.i need nec geometry of followig design antena.
i m using YAGI YUDA antenna for this prblem, but cant achive requirements.or you segest me good solution.
plz help me.

::
a high gain antenna designed to operate in the lowest UHF amature radio bands and should have following specification.

feed foint impidance 50 ohm
cain 8dbi
front to back ratio 15db
sidelob suppersassion 15db
::

regards
saro

omegamatch

if you have familiar with log-perodic antenna, I think log-periodic antennas could satisfy your problem. amonge log-perodic antenna LPDA and LPLA are better but I think you could also use LPTPA and LPTTA with smaller and thick arms for lower frequencies of UHF band.

Re: antenna prolem related to yagi yuda or recmend me any ot

but how can achieve my requirement.tell me and pass me any help.

HI!
First of all I think that to obtain 50 ohm feed impedence you have to use some matching technique (beta match, omega match, ...) Don't forget to use a balun!!

For the other specs... it is hard to say... you can write a parametrized .nec file and do some testing.

I think that a 4 elements yagi could perform as you need.
You could try with DL6WU design (search the internet), I'm not sure that
4NEC2 or yagimax have some tools that will allow you to optimize your design for your specs.

BR

A few words on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back