Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna near field analysis with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna_abc

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
near field analysis in hfss

Hi, everyone. I have a question about the antenna near field analysis.

In order to analyze the near field of the printed antenna, we need to define the plane for display. It seems to me that we still need the radiation boundary in order to absort all the outgoing radiation wave.

But my problem is that the wavelength compared with the my antenna dimension is too large, so that it required too large airbox to enclosure. And also I am only interested in the near field. Can I use PML instead of Radiation boundary to shrink the airbox? If so, how large of the PML box can I use?

Thanks

Hi,
What did you do in the end? Did you find something interesting?

I would think that you keep the Rad-Boundary (even if it's large, it's ELECTRICALLY SMALL, because of your frequency)... Therefore, the simulation time is still not much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back