Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Gain Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevinus

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I need you to help me about determination of antenna gain. I had a radiation pattern test nowadays and need to find out which way is the correct way to determine antenna gain. I will use substitution method for gain comparison. I am going to use a reference gain known antenna with my AUT. My set-up includes a test software and a turn table with network analyzer. I rotated the turn table in 360 degress with 5 degrees step and record s21 in a frequency sapn between 380-400 mHz with 0.25 KHz step widths. What i need to now, i need to calculate the gain in frequency. Should i need to use every peak transmission in any degrees or should i use direct s21 in certain degree?

Thank you for your help.

Use S21 at certain degree. For a 20MHz frequency range I think 250Hz is way too small frequency step. 500kHz or even 1MHz step should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back