Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna for HF frequency band

Status
Not open for further replies.

AT8052

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna for 13.56MHz ISM frequency band

Hi, guys. I want to build antenna for 13.56MHz ISM band. I want to ask you if it is possible build it on PCB not bigger than credit card. If yes, which type of antena do you recomend me (mopol, dipol, loop, inverted L, meander)? I need transmition distance up to 25 meters and i want to use transmittion power in range from -20dBm to -10dBm. This antenna is not for passive RFID. It would be very thankful if somebody can help me with it.

Last edited:

Whatever antenna you make for this frequency with such small dimensions, the gain will be very low, and you will have problems to meet the link budget for given power.
Perheaps the best option is to use a meander monopole in spiral shape.

Thank you for your reply. I tried to use loop antenna with 7 turns and dimesion 80mm x 40mm the S11 parameter is -25dB, but the results are very poor. Attenuation is 80dB on 5m distance. This antenna generate strong magnetic field but very weak electic field. I want to try build one of the monopol antena type. And I can incerase the electrical lenght of antenna with coil. What do you think about it? Will it be better?

Could you describe more detailed what is: "meander monopole in spiral shape", please? I understand what is menader monopol, but i can't imagine what is spiral type.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back