Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna classification and their applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

crenyen

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
There are many type of antennas in the world such as Dipole Antenna, Monopole Antenna, Patch Antenna, PIFA (Planar Inverted F-type Antenna), Slot antenna, CP (Circular polarization) Antenna and so on.

Are there any web-sites or papers or books that introduce those antennas with gain, directivity, 3D radiation pattern and applications?

Re: Antenna classifing

There are as many antenna types as people who have imaginations. One ham used the bed springs for an antenna. Another used a metal fire escape. Back around 1953 the US military experimented with car doors and other hinged pieces of metal on the car (slot antennas of sorts).

I have seen printed phased arrays and yagis on plastic films that could be rolled up for portable use.

crenyen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Antenna classifing

i agree the general flatulent opinion.

For reflector (and related) types, a classification has been made by:
P.J.B Clarricoats, G.T. Poulton, High Efficiency Microwave Reflector Antennas - A Review , proc IEEE vol 65 10 oct. 1977

Re: Antenna classifing

It is almost impossible... but i think the closest thing you can do is look in:

1. "Antenna engineering handbook", Johnson (1st edition by Jasik)
2."Practical antenna handbook" , Carr.

I hope it helps,
P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back