Antenna Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marya2020

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone! I want to design an antenna Array (4*4) for 28GHz with 3GHz bandwidth. I am wondering how much bandwidth I need for one element?

Depends on feeding network. You can achieve >3GHz for single element with magnetoelectric dipole antenna (me-dipole slot antenna) or aperture coupled patch antenna.

Usually the array antenna bandwidth is not much greater than the bandwidth of a single antenna element.
Frequency bandwidth of an array is affected by many factors, as: change of element input impedances with frequency due to element coupling and due to beamsteering, by change of element spacing in wavelengths, and also by feeding structures used.
I think that for your bandwidth requirements a Vivaldi array would be a good option:

Vivaldi is good, but 2d feeding would be challenging.

Depends on feeding network. You can achieve >3GHz for single element with magnetoelectric dipole antenna (me-dipole slot antenna) or aperture coupled patch antenna.
Thank you so much for your reply. I got 3.5Ghz bandwidth for one element. However, I am not sure is it enough or not?

thank you so much for your explanation and the Vivaldi paper. I studied it. It has a good bandwidth. However, I am trying to get a good bandwidth from aperture coupled feed patch antenna.

I think 3.5GHz may be enough at 28GHz for 4x4 corporate feeding with some microstrip t-junction optimizations. Google for wideband microstrip t junction / wideband corporate feed.

I think 3.5GHz may be enough at 28GHz for 4x4 corporate feeding with some microstrip t-junction optimizations. Google for wideband microstrip t junction / wideband corporate feed.
OK, for sure! I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…