Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna and balun fabrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have got my antenna and balun after fabrication but my its my first time to deal with antenna fabrication now i have two things to ask
1. how can i connect my antenna with my balun?as my balun is exponential tapered M/S line that will be placed verticallly below antenna substrate.should i glued antenna on fr4 substrate with balun? i dont know soldering can be done for them?
2. SMA size?my balun is of 5 mm in width so how to connect SMA
i have never test or fabircate antenna so i dont know how to test it,please if some one can help me

Without picture it`s hard something to say.

Without picture it`s hard something to say.

thanks a lot bob for your answer but i have sought out this by soldering, if you can guide me about circular polarization measurement?how can CP be tested?i have seen a paper in which they have made measurements of CP by getting axial ratio versus frequency but as its my first time with antenna measurements so how can we get axial ration versus frequency measurement?using which machine?

Probably may be two orthogonal antenna, with two ports connected to a 3db coupler. In these case you can see right or left circular polarization without looses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back