Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ansys Maxwell/HFSS Rectangular Helix Design (Not Square)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeeshan143

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ansys Maxwell/HFSS Rectangular Design (Not Square):

I wand to design a Rectangular coil Not Square based horizontally with 7 number of Turns in a single Plane, the edges/sides of the coil should be (round/Curve). (The side of the coil is 2000mm*2000mm) and the distance between the coil wire is 20mm, as well as the diameter of the coil is 5mm. and the number of turns is 7.

Please help me out through Equation Bases Curve, or help me out by another way... I will be thankful to you guys.

Last edited:

Yes, I think a set of equation-based curves is the best way to do this yourself. There is also an example Python script under Draw->User Defined Primitive -> Examples for creating these spirals that you could use/modify for your purposes.

Do you mean that the cross-section of the wire that composes the coil should be circular?

Last edited:

Hi, As shown in the Figure, the Point which I marked, Th\ese Points I would like to be circular, The specification of the Model I mentioned already... your help will be appericiatiable for many more students.

Attachments

• Wire_LI.jpg
    Wire_LI.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 162

Exactly... that's what I want....can you help me out that in the corner it must be the same side lengths.....

Is there is any Formula Equation, through which i can change the parameter's easily and make such kind of structure.

Is there is any Formula Equation, through which i can change the parameter's easily and make such kind of structure.
A series of equation-based curves might be what you want. Alternatively, you could look into HFSS's automation tools for recording a python script, and then modify it for your needs.

A series of equation-based curves might be what you want. Alternatively, you could look into HFSS's automation tools for recording a python script, and then modify it for your needs.
I think that I have to it manually.... like using Draw Spline (Any Way thanks)... I thought that may be there some easy equation through which I do it in simple way and do changes easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back