Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft Designer SV Coplanar Waveguide Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrealist

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cpw ansoft designer

My friends,

I have been having difficulty simulating a coplanar waveguide (CPW) using Ansoft Designer SV. I have created three layers: a 400 um sapphire substrate, a silver ground plane, and a 1600 um of air over the ground plane. I have used the "void" function to carve out two slots in the ground plane layer. I have applied signal to the slots using coupled port excitation. I can run a simulation, but the S-parameters are not believable. Also, it seems to me that the center conductor should be isolated from the ground (which it is not in this simlation).

I have tried to create a void around the entire center conductor. After doing this, I tried to use the "gap source" option in the port properties. However, I cannot get this configuration to mesh. I see an error message that says, "Failed to create special mesh around CPW port 1. Failed to create special mesh around CPW port 2."

Any thoughts?

Surrealist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back