Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Simulation tool purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

marie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Previously I posted a message requesting for suggestions on buying a analog circuit simulation tool. Many of you suggested Cadence and HSPICE.

I would like to price compare both and purchase one. Kindly let me know more about the license cost and other links which will aid me in purchasing it. I don't find any cost details in their respective websites. I am not too concerned about the cost.

Thanks,
Marie

Hi marie,
the cost for cadence depends upon what licenses you want to buy. Spectre circuit simulator has different licenses and costs for different analysis. For eg you may get to do AC,DC,Transient and Parametric analysis for one license but if you want to do corner simulation and Monte carlo simulation then it is a seperate license. U will have to pay extra for it. And moreover cadence has different rates for institutions and different for private organizations. It even depends upon the geography u r living and how many licenses u want to buy. A typical spectre license without monte carlo analysis may cost u around USD 12,000. HSPICE is cheaper than spectre.

Few years ago, 8 hspice license cost $8000 each.
Also, you can ask them for a one month evaluation.

Cadence is much more expensive than Hspice. ALso it depend on how many licenses. Contact me at yaxazaa@gmail.com to see if I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back