Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Simulation Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavakoli

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there
i'm an absolutly beginner in analog design so plz help me...

-which analog simulation software do u suggest for a begginer and a professional ? :)
-and what about its price? :(

tavakoli said:
hi there
-which analog simulation software do u suggest for a begginer and a professional ? :)

Serious analog design typically dicates large programs, which are expensive and can only be afforded by corporates. So program-wise, you have to check with your institution, what programs do they have?

In case you ask for examples,
Cadence Spectre (newer version is called spectreRF): best, and kicks SS: (1) very powerful once you know how to use it; (2) hard to begin with; (3) unfathomable.

PSpice: student version available (free). You should get it anyway. Transparent to netlists and models. Popular and classic.

Electronics Workbench: for learning OK.

HP (now agilent) ADS: good for RF and microwave designs.

Tektronix ADS: good for serious bipolar design.

LinearTech Spice: similar to Electronic Workbench (with all due respect).

I suggest that you begin with PSPICE or Winspice, then switch to cadence spectre or HSPICE.Either way does the job.

I would suggest that you become skilled at manual "paper" design methods before you do any simulating. And then do the simulation of your paper design only to check for errors in the manual method.

tavakoli said:
hi there

Start with any free simulation (search yahoo (free spice))
professional should be HSPICE (25000 US dollar)

For begining you do not need any fancy circuit simulator ... any simple or free one will do First get your fundental strong from theory and side by side try simulating the circuits that you study. That way you will learn the most.

tanner tools is good for biginner and it is affordable too.

Hspice is one golden tool, but it is too expensive

I suggest for the beginner the: microsim(it is free till 64 nodes)
and for the profesional user i suggest the spice of the protel.

Spice Opus is also a nice choice for beginners. And it is freee
**broken link removed**
Spectre and Hspice for professionals.

I think the Pspice is a good tool to analog circuit design beginner. Of cause, Spectre or Hspice in Cadence is very good tools.

do schematic entry just once:
if you already use a pcb software, consider a spice software which can interact with your pcb software.

Candence is main tool in industry, so you must learn it in the future if you go to industry. So i think you may learn it at beginning.

I suggest Proteus, for analog, digital and mixed simulation.

I think workbench is very easy& cadence is powerful in analog field.
In digital,you can use xilinx or synopsys.
in rf, you can use HFSS or ADS

I think hspice is a good simulator, while it has a big problem of convergence. Many times you have to cost a lot of time and efforts on it.

When I use eldo (mentor), I've not met any problems. And eldo if faster than hspice. Also the same grammar as hspice.

i agree hspice is professional. i used pspice. But i don't exactly know restrictions.
There are lots of free spice versions. Which one is the most capable?

OrCad Pspice from cadence is good tool.and there are lot of components library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back