Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An old question, a large signal simulation (LSSP) for MIXER in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brookning

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,

Firstly, I find in the tutorial of mixer design in ADS help document, no LSSP controller is used.

Secondly, I notice that in the LSSP help, it mentions that at the Large Signal Port, like a mixer, a voltage source should be deployed for some reasons.

So that, I tried to use a voltage source for LO port and simulate the return loss of RF port, but I find that the result was the same to when a P1tone for LO port. As for LSSP simulation, I can't tell what happened, but the simulation result definitely was incorrect.

I think it must be different when driven by a large signal, but how can I simulate it in ADS, especially, a large signal for LO port but a small signal for RF port. I don't think a different return loss would be a big problem, but if so, the conversion gain may make me quite uncomfortable.

If u r using ur voltage source and P1tone at same value, den it has to be different, I guess u should check above what value is considered for LSSP simulation. I suggest u look into DesignGuide. U should find a good example for LSSP with mixer..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back