Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an error when running ISE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan228228

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error:physdesignrules:368

THE ERROR is

ERROR:physDesignRules:368 - The signal <CLKDLL/PSINCDEC> is incomplete. The signal is not driven by any source pin in the design.
ERROR:physDesignRules:368 - The signal <CLKDLL/PSEN> is incomplete. The signal is not driven by any source pin in the design.
ERROR:physDesignRules:368 - The signal <CLKDLL/PSCLK> is incomplete. The signal is not driven by any source pin in the design.

Actually, i open the file CLKDLL.v in ISE installation directory, and can't find the pin "PSINCDEC, PSEN OR PSCLK". Why the tools report this kind of error.

Thanks!

David

physdesignrules:368

The error messages seem to indicate that ISE is trying to use a DCM or Digital Clock Manager as a DLL, but all the various inputs to the DCM are not connected.

My guess is that you are using a coregen file from a different logic family. Some FPGAs only have DLL other newer parts have the DCM that is really a DLL with lots of other features. If the CLKDLL.v was generated from an older FPGA family, then COREGEN would not hookup these missing inputs as they did not exist.

Open up COREGEN and re-implement for the FPGA family you are using. My guess is that the errors will go away after that.

--- Steve

P.S. Please remove the old files from the design folder first and remember to do the file cleanup before re-implementing. This keeps ISE from using the old files.

quan228228

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back