Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplify the magnetic field of headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divdog

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I am trying to amplify the magnetic field produced by headphones. Any idea how I might go about such a thing?

I thought something like a guitar pickup might work if it was more sensitive? Is that essentially what a telecoil is?

Thanks for any thoughts in advance!

Tim

Ah yes the telephone suction cups!

What about using an audio induction loop receiver? Like those in hearing aids.

Is it the same kind of field?

What about using an audio induction loop receiver? Like those in hearing aids.

Yes, works with same principle.
Pure ac magnetic field generated with wire loop and audio amp.

KAK

You should consider, that a standard headphone has an electrodynamical voice coil actuator, that has the magnetical field mostly shielded. Any coil with sufficient number of turns can sense the field.

So if I were to make it from scratch I could just wind the thinnest copper wire possible around a the strongest pole magnet as many times as possible and then connect each end to an amplifier circuit as in the link KAK posted above? or do i not need the magnet and I just make a coil?

is there anywhere you can buy such coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back