Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier's frequency response changes with input impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,
I simulated instrumentation amplifier INA849 in texas instruments PSPICE. The schematic is shown and it's very simple , a resistive divider followed by the opAmp , as you can see the resistance which calibrates the gain is absent in order to get a unity gain.
The second photo shows an AC frequency sweep versus the output voltage in case of using Resistors of 4.9M and 100k for the resistive divider. The third photo shows an AC frequency response versus the putput voltage in case of using resistors of 490k and 10k. Although the divider's ratio is the same you can notice that the bandwidth is now 10 times better. in the data sheet the bandwidth is 28 MHz at unity gain so I 've been really upset before solving this problem. I understand that the super high input impedance mentioned is the data sheet is changed according to the resistive network that I am using with the opAmp but how exactly is it affecting my bandwidth in such a way? what's the reason/formula behind that effect?
Thank you very much in advance.
\
500V_Schem_Transient.PNG

Attachments

• Result_AC_Sweep500v.PNG
    Result_AC_Sweep500v.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ac_sweep500v.PNG
    ac_sweep500v.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 135

Did you notice that the datasheet specifies 7 pF input capacitance? Respective low corner frequency is expected with high source impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back