Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier for 13.56MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

amila.ediri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
13.56mhz amplifier

HI!
I'm designing a RFID reader using ISO15693 protocol at 13.56MHz using TI S4100 module. This reader unit would have an output power of about 200mW. I'm using a 50 ohm matched loop antenna with 50cmX50cm dimensions. Up to now a range of about 25-30cm was achieved.
I want to increase the range to about 70cm or more. For that i need to use a suitable power amplifier. Can any body help me with some suitable design for this.

Specifications for the amp

13.56MHz operation.
Input impedance - 50Ω
Output impedance- 50Ω
Output power ≥ 1W

Thanx a lot,
Amila

13.56 amplifier

See here all details:
https://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~yash/kw-usenix06/index.html

kw-usenix06-forhtml-img4.gif

kw-usenix06-forhtml-img7.gif

amplifier 13.56mhz

Although the amplifier has been designed for a sligthly different task of polling ISO 14443 proximity cards beyond there defined operation range, it should work for vincinity cards also. I didn't see an output power specification in the publication, but it should be good for several W anyway. For small bandwith ISO 15693 applications, one may use higher Q output filters than suitable for ISO 14443.

If the application is intended to confirm with RF regulations, the distant H-field of the "antenna" loop has to be limited, e. g. to 25 dbµA/m at 10 m distance for 13.56 MHz +/- 7 kHz according to ETSI EN 302 291-1. For harmonics and spurious signals additional, very tight restrictions exist.

iso 15693 amplifier

Hi!

Thanx a lot for the reply. Currently i only have SMD components(specially inductors) of the given value. So i taught of building a PCB for this. Are there any special points i need to look into in designing this PCB( any RF issues)?

Thanx again.
Amila

Status
Not open for further replies.