Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier circuit with BJT current mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainmz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I attached a picture of a circuit I need help solving. This is an amplifier circuit with BJT current mirrors. Any help is appreciated!

Amplifier Circuit

The first transistor is biased wrong so it has a base voltage that is too low so it is cutoff with its collector voltage at +4.5V.

Amplifiers do not work like that. They need to be biased properly.

Re: Amplifier Circuit

Audioguru said:
The first transistor is biased wrong so it has a base voltage that is too low so it is cutoff with its collector voltage at +4.5V.

Amplifiers do not work like that. They need to be biased properly.

My Friend,

they are completely different users !!!! :|

Re: Amplifier Circuit

The first transistor is biased wrong so it has a base voltage that is too low
I don't think so.

But without a DC feedback, the "amplifier" can't achieve a meaningful operation point. Without it, you can't predict the operation point of the output stage and so you can't calculate impedances. In so far Audioguru is quite right: "Amplifiers don't work like that".

Furthermore, the purpose of at least the first current mirror is mysterious. I also wonder, if the connection of first stage collector to the base of output stage driver is possibly a drawing error.

Amplifier Circuit

The circuit looks different today. Yesterday the first transistor and its biasing did not use the -4.5V supply. I don't know why it has a collector resistor since the current mirror can be its collector load.

The output transistors have only a single diode so they will produce crossover distortion if a miracle biases the driver transistor correctly.

Amplifier Circuit

i just a new learner on designing a low noise amplifier..could you please help in how to choose the best semiconductor in designing a 868MHz low noise amplifier...and the step on desig it...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.