Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMP HMC313 HB Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sxfouane

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to simulate the HMC313 Amplifier in Harmonic Balance using ADS. I wanted to use the S Parameters files datas and put it in the S parameters options of an amplifier block while sweeping the frequency. I can't find any way to do so. Can you help me please ?

Thank you,

In the schematic, in the scroll-down menu to the left, there is an item called "Data Items".
Add to the schematic DeEmbd 2, right click on it, component, edit component parameters, file name, and browse for the s-parameter file that you have.
Add termination ports, on Basic Components add SP, and run the simulation. This will simulate the S-parameters provided by the manufacturer:

If you want to simulate the nonlinear behavior using Harmonic Balance, have to find the Spice model of the circuit. I don't know if ADI provide this model for HMC313.

Attachments

• HMC313.jpg
    HMC313.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 62

Thank you for your answer. I simulated the S-Parameters correctly.

However, I was looking for a way to inject the S parameters data in the amplifier2 model using sweep or something else, which I couldn't do so far!

You cannot do HB analysis with only s-parameters. In other words, HB does not care s-parameters in term of non-linearity because they are small signal linear parameters.You can also not find nonlinear model of that amplifier because they don't give you..
All you can do is to analyze the amplifier with s-parameters, design your matching circuit, draw your PCB layout and check its' performances..
That's it, nothing more..

Thank you for your answer again BigBoss. What I meant is to inject my simulated S parameters data in the amplifier model below as you can see. I already have the S parameters in a file, and I want to link the component data to my schematic kind of reading from the file itself while sweeping frequency, if you see what I mean!

Thanks again for your answers mates!

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 70

Status
Not open for further replies.