Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amlifying small voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinreddi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai

Im working on a piezoelectric materials which gives a very low output voltage which is of no use to me.I wanted it to be amplified using some circuit or an ic.

The voltage would be around 20mv.

please suggest me some ans

thank you

you must use any fet input opamp like lf356 etc.

what is the piezoelectric output voltage?

@ srizbf

voltage will be around 20mv

Last edited:

from 20mv to what voltage you want to amplify?

it should be just enough to glow an led.say upto 2-5 v

do you want to amplify the signal or
use piezoelectric as power source for led light?

use piezoelectric as power source for led light but 20mv wont be sufficient.so want to amplify the signal and apply it to led.

here i jus want to demonstrate dat im able to get some voltage out of piezoelectric material

The usual keyword is "energy harvesting" rather than "amplifier", which caused much confusion
as you can see. I fear, that 20 mV is effectively too low, but you can check the various links in
previous threads at edaboard. To check, if you can ever expect a glim of light, you should start
with a hand calculation in terms of available power and energy.

My basic thought is, that piezo elements can be easily stacked up to increase the output voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.