Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM / FM Electronic Antenna ??? patch antenna??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AM / FM Electronic Antenna ???

any tips about the design of the patch antenna in such antenna

i mean patch antenna for such low freq. AM/FM bands??? any tips for that

SPECIFICATIONS:
Nominal Supply Voltage: 12 VDC
Operating Voltage Range: 9 to 16 VDC
Supply Current: 20 mA max. @ 14V
Sound Level: 92 dB(A) ±4 dB(A) @ 120 cm
AM Gain: 12 dB min. ---------------->>
FM Gain: 6 dB min. ---------------->>HOW IT COMES AM Gain>FM one
Output Capacity: 95 pF ±10%
Operating Temperature: -20 to +70 0C
Relative Humidity: 95%
Dimensions: 362(L)x20(H)x19(W) mm
Weight: 80 grams

THIS IS A REAL PRODUCT :
**broken link removed**

thx all

bye

hi,
I don't think you can achieve those specifications with patch antennas because their radiation efficiency is very low.
And also, at those frequency it would be huge!

I would try dipoles and yagi antennas either.
regards

dch316 said:
hi,
I don't think you can achieve those specifications with patch antennas because their radiation efficiency is very low.
And also, at those frequency it would be huge!

I would try dipoles and yagi antennas either.
regards

this photo for a real product !! & i saw this antenna these days in many cars !!!

A resonant antenna for the AM band will be from tens of meters to over 100 meters long.
My opinion is that the cord in the picture is used for transformation only and connects to a matching circuit+Amplifiers(s).

Dear ahmed,

I think I am in possesion of the antenna that you described. It is basically a meandered stripline printed on some substrate. (Something similar to a meandered dipole - I will not say that it is a patch) There are some metallic edges at the end which I do not have any ideal what it is used for. The active gain probably with amplifer. The black casing houses the amplifier and some tuning circuits. It is works ok as a basic antenna but it is not brilliant as its performance depends alot on where you put it on the car windscreen.

Element7k

This is a simple and cheap active antenna for cars. It is not worth to spend to many words on it. This parameter Sound Level is very, very strange antenna parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back