Not open for further replies.

sujitpatil

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am using Altium for PCB designing. For manufacturing Double sided PCB we require Top & Bottom layer & drill file.
I am first created Gerber file of Double sided PCB.so it Creates CAMtastic file of Top & Bottom Layer.so I am taking Print by using PDF creator (Scaled print & scale is 1.0 & A4 size paper). I am successful to give PDF files of TOP & Bottom Layer to the manufacturers. Now he is asking me about Hole files (that is i think nothing but Drill files.). I am creating NC Drill files. & I am sending NC Drill file which is in the Notepad format of the Projects output folder in my respective project.
But He wants holes information file. so I am printed CAMtastic file of NC Drill File but it is not Printed hollow circles in the PDF. so what i can do to get holes information(that is PDF contains hole information with hollow holes.)
How to print NC Drill file as PDF. containing hollow holes?

I'm quite surprised your board fab is accepting PDF's. When you run your gerbers, Altium Auto loads the Gerber files into Camtastic which is a gerber viewer. The actual gerber files will be located some where in your project (usually in the project outputs folder). They should have file extensions .gtl .gbl .gg1 and .gd1. GG1 and GD1 are you drill gerbers or fabrication drawings. If your not getting these two? in your gerber setup click on the drill drawing tab and check both boxes. I suspect these are what your manufacturer is lookign for.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

actually your fabricatoe needs a drill drawing file.
do one thing just copy the board outline in drill drawing layer than paste string and select ".legend" option and paste that in drill drawing layer outside board.
Now generate the pdf file or gerber file of same and send it to your fabricator.

I am not getting exactly so please tell me in stepwise so that i can solve my issue

Yes,
From this Document I solved my Question. By using this Document we are really take Printout in any way we want. We are able to take Scaled as well as Fit to Document printout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…