Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: Polygon Pours and Component artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lddang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 2 problems.
1) When I print my pcb routing artwork Altium also print the mechanical out line of two components how do I remove it? (see picture).
2) When using polygon pours, how do I increase the spacing between the pours and the route?
artwork.jpg

Hi lddang,

1) It really depends on where you are generating the prints from? If its a output job file double click on the print. You will then get a list of all the layers included in a print. If your not using a output job let me know how you are doing it and I'll try to help.

2) This one is a bit more straight forward - You need to create a design rule for this - Design --> Rules then go to Electrical, Clerance right click on clerance and select new rule. You can now select your new rule and edit it. In the top full query box type inpoly and in the bottom full query either leave it at all or further constrain it too istrack if you want it to apply to just tracks. Lastly edit the rule value in the minimum clearance section. Re-run your polygons and all should be as you expect.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

Hi Chris,
Can you elaborate more on the polygon pours clearance? I tried to follow your direction but still can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Linh

Ah never mind I think I figured it out. Create new Design Rules under Clearance, named it "InPolygon" and change the value at the bottom.

Last edited:

you can also go to polygon manager where you can define clearence and connect style also you can have different settings for different polygons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back