[SOLVED] Altium - How to create a differential pair to polygon clearance rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpirius

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to figure out how to make a rule in Altium that specifies the clearance between any differential pair line and any polygon plane. I want to set the 20 mil space between trace edge and plane edge specified for PCI-E signals. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make a query that only targets differential pairs. If I could do that I could make a Clearance rule between InPolygon and "In Diff Pair" of 20 mils.

Anyone know how to do this? Or if it is possible?

Thanks

create a net class for your differential nets and define a rule between the netclass and polygon......

create a net class for your differential nets and define a rule between the netclass and polygon......

Yea, that is a work around. Would be nice if you could just query for differential pairs, but thanks.

I figured it out. You can query for differential pairs using Differential Pair Classes, and there is even a default class for all differential pairs. You can make custom class groups as needed. (Design->Classes in the PCB editor. "Differential Pair Classes" list)

Create a Clearance rule with the query:
InDifferentialPairClass('All Differential Pairs')

And:
InPolygon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…