Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Hierarchical design basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

panfilero

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm making a schematic, and I'm doing it vertical style with sheet symbols, from what I understand, ports are used to go into sheets, pass connectivity vertically, and net names are used within a sheet... but when I get within a sheet with a port and I tie that port to a net name, when I compile I get a warning... do I just ignore these warnings? What's wrong with tying a port to a net name? or similarly if I go into a sheet with a port, and I use multiple ports throughout the sheet to avoid wires all over the place I get errors for using multiple ports

Can you post a screen shot of what you are tying to do. I'm having trouble visualing it. And details of the error might help.

If you can post an image of relevant to you question, we would be able to understand you better then give you a sound advice.
Can you do that for us?

For the mean time, you can read about the basics of Hierarchical designs in Altium using this link:
**broken link removed**

Have fun!

Never stop exploring. - The North Face

Go to Project/Project options in that go to options and set the net identifier scope

You can ignore warnings if u feel net to net connectivity is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back