Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer: Temporarily turn off trace impedance rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The 45 ohm trace impedance traces are too thick when attaching to my IC's pads so i'd like to turn off the impedance check rule while i place the last few mm's of the traces right next to the IC. Any way to do this? The clumsy way is to turn off the rule altogether but i don't quite like that...

Re: Altium Designer: Temporarily turn off trace impedance ru

Create an area rule with desired trace width in IC area.

You can set up a "room", and define your modified impedance rule to apply in the room (TouchesRoom('aaa')). You could also define a "region" and do the same thing (InRegionRelative(x1,y1,x2,y2) or InRegionAbsolute(x1,y1,x2,y2)).

Thanks guys. I will try your suggestions.

Sorry House Cat & EDA^3, i can't figure out how to create a rule (if in room XXX) that overrides another rule (impedance-imposed width rule). Are there any examples or documentation how to do this in Altium Designer?

Sorry for the repeat-questions, i'm rather a newbie...

All you need to do is make the special rule, such as TouchesRoom('zzzz'), a higher priority than the general rule. AD applies the rules in priority order. The higher priority rule overrides the general rule for the special condition listed in the rule.

To change the priority of a rule, click on the "Priorities" button at the bottom of the Design Rule dialog.

@ltium Designer: Temporarily turn off trace impedance rule?

Thanks House Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back