Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALtium Designer: Suddenly loses all net assignments in PCB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium designer known issues

Today one of my PCB designs suddenly lost all net assignments in the PCB editor. Is this a known issue with AD? Luckily this board was auto routed so there will be little work to be redone.

Edit: I recovered a good version via the 'history folder'. Good feature to save all previous versions. Thank you Altium...

Re: ALtium Designer: Suddenly loses all net assignments in P

No, it is not a general problem with AD. Your file must have somehow been damaged. Another way to have recovered the nets would have been to simply gone back to your schematic and used Design>>Update PCB Document. That should have restored the nets.

@ltium Designer: Suddenly loses all net assignments in PCB!

House cat, i tried to update the PCB from the schematics but the nets were not shown in the ECO. Strange. A good reminder to do proper backups...

Re: ALtium Designer: Suddenly loses all net assignments in P

wow, this sounds like a program to avoid using!

Re: @ltium Designer: Suddenly loses all net assignments in P

gigahertz said:
wow, this sounds like a program to avoid using!

No - the same kind of file damage can result at random with any WINDOWS program. The software engineers have anticipated the possibility, and provided automatic backup capability that allows you to recover from Microsoft problems like this.

If you start avoiding software because it might damage a file, you better quit computing altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back