Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer - Sheet Usefulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamadiss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am learning now the Altium Designeer and while I was exploring the abilities of the altium designeer I found out the sheet symbols and I created a testing project, but my query is why if we have over one schematic is good to use sheets symbols? Which is the usefulness of sheet sumbols and his basic abilities?

Sheet Symbols - Example:
**broken link removed**

Which is the usefulness of sheet sumbols and his basic abilities?

In very big or complex designs it can simplify the readability, splitting the circuits among separated sheets according to their functions, making the project much more easy to understand for others. This way you can even subdivide the whole circuit into several levels, each one containing inner symbols inside.

Aside from the better readability, it also gives the opportunity to streamline multi channel design: if you have multiple identical sub circuits on your board, you only have to lay out one and then copy that layout to the other channels. This saves a lot of work and looks a lot neater because all channels are laid out identically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back