Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxascent

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am designing a pcb with Altium Designer and have a problem in that some of my components seem to have ended up off the side of the screen in the pcb. I can see the connections going to them but cannot grab them. Has anyone experinced this?

Thanks

Jon

hello maxascent, Yes I have encountered this problem many times. I usually use PCB filter and with filter 'IsComponent' select all components and then I press 'm' and click on 'move selection'. probably there are better ways but I don't know.
regards

The above worked for me as well (press F12 to bring up the PCB filter), however I didn't want to move all components simultaneously. What I did was to manually move the inaccessible components one at a time using Edit » Move » Component. When you use this command you need to click on the component to choose it, however since these components are off the screen and you cannot pan or zoom to bring them into view you must click in a blank area to bring up the "choose component" dialog. From there you select a component by its reference designator.

I use the Select Outside command when this happens - then Move Selection to move them back into the view. You just have to make sure you draw your box around everything that's not off screen.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back