Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: Component with multiple parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh S

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a daughter card that mounts to multiple motherboards with 3 connectors and a mounting hole. What would be great is if I could have a single schematic symbol/footprint for the daughter card that would contain the 3 connectors (each with its own ref designator). When I generated the BOM it would have a line item for each of the connectors. Is this possible?

hi,
I didn't get ur question clearly. you can do this kind of thing using assembly variants. when u generate BOM, u will generate it for project. right?
please let me know ur problem a bit more clear.

cheers
skr

I have a daughter card that mounts to multiple motherboards with 3 connectors and a mounting hole. What would be great is if I could have a single schematic symbol/footprint for the daughter card that would contain the 3 connectors (each with its own ref designator). When I generated the BOM it would have a line item for each of the connectors. Is this possible?

Hi Josh,

What you can try to do is to add add the other connectors as "sub-parts" to the daughter card.
Then, you should be able to get the information / quantity of the "sub-parts" during BOM generation.

For connector 1, the parameters would be
Name: Sub-Part 1 Value: Part #
Name: Sub-Part 1 QTY Value: X

For connector 2, the parameters would be
Name: Sub-Part 2 Value: Part #
Name: Sub-Part 2 QTY Value: X

sub-parts.jpg

Hi,

While creating part you can create different mode or symbol for single component or you can say creating alternative symbol for the single component,
To do this go to tools/mode/add in schematic library and also you can add multiple footprints for the single component.
And while placing the component in schematic sheet you can select different mode or symbol and also footprint by double clicking on the component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back