Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - Component on bottom side as rule: no violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucast85

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing the schematic of a project and I want to constraint the person who design the layout of board to place some components on bottom layer of PCB.
As suggested in this thread (https://www.edaboard.com/threads/349428/), I add as a parameter of the component the rule that indicate to place the component on bottom side. It seems all ok, but during layout design I cannot see the violation of that rule.
The component is now on the top layer but no error was reported.
In the design rule checker, under the menu placement, there are only:
  • Room Definition
  • Component Clearance
  • Height
I expect to find also "Permitted Layers rule".
Why there is the rule, but there is no-way to see the violation of that rule?

THanks !

Did you check in the Schematic editor on the "PCB Layout directives" if there exist some option for that ? As far as I remember, there is an extensive menu of attributes available there, and I guess you could somehow do that constraining by there.

I think the problem is in the PCB editor.
I check in the schematic editor and the rule exists and it is selected for that component:
circuit1.png
but in the PCB editor (design rule checker) not exist that rule:
menu.png
layout1.png

Where is the menu you refer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back