Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Adding Nets Without Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emin As

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
How can i add nets on PCB between components without adding on schematic?

Thanks

I'm not sure you can do that; just another Altium restriction. (I know you can do this in PADS). I tried turning off rules, etc., but nothing worked.

In the PCB editor, you can add nets to the board using the following menu option:

Design > Netlist > Edit Netlist...

Then click "Add" to create a new net. Once it's been added, it will be in your available netlist when placing objects on the PCB.

Edit: Whoops, double post.

Being a DipTrace user I really enjoyed the Altium's project structure and synchronization. In DipTrace I have that "create net" tool right in front of me in the PCB Layout. However Diptrace gives an absolute freedom in Schematic and board synch, which is not the best thing when you forget about something)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back