Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALTIUM - 3D component does not flip correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUMY

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am updateing Altium PCB library with STEP models. All components with 3d bodies, when placed to PCB, behave normally on top layer, but some of them, does not flip correctly to bottom layer.
Flipped_comp.JPG
I have tried different STEP models for some of the components but it is allways the same. So far no problems with components, which have simple extruded 3d bodies.

have you checked if there are not multiple STEP models assigned to the footprint. Maybe they are on a different layer?

Yes, I have checked that. It seems, that there is some feature in STEP model, that is causing trouble to Altium. I tried at least 5 different models for every component which was causing trouble, untill I found one that flips correctly. Problem solved for now, but I expect more with new components, therefore suggestions still welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back