Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alternative to battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanepd

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know any device that alternative to battery

From super capacitors to solar cells to portable generators.... It all depends on for what purpose or what capacity you need...

i want 12v dc battery that used in car and also i want know how many batteries present in car.is separate battery for starting system & other function is present in car?

Only a single battery is needed in a car. It can power hundreds of things.
The 12V battery in a car is used for starting the engine and it is also used when the engine is not running to power the car computer that controls turning off the lights when you forgot. This battery also powers the clock. The car battery can also power the hazard flashers, radio, the GPS unit and charge your phone when the engine is not running.

I have a little flashlight (torch in Britain) in my car that has its own battery because my car does not fit in my pocket.

but i want to know how i start the engine without battery .is any alternative present to replace the battery? and i also want to to start the engine which factor is important eg. like current rating ,voltage rating ,watt.i want to know what minimum current,voltage,wattage required to start the engine.

Engines in cars are small or are huge. In winter when the oil is cold and thick a car engine starter takes hundreds of Amps, maybe 600A. At such a high current the 12V battery drops to about 9V so the power is 600A x 9V= 5400W.
Maybe you are dreaming of cars 90 years ago that had tiny engines started with a hand crank.

EDIT: I forgot. Two of my small cars had a manual transmission. When the battery was dead I rolled the car down a hill and put it in gear to start the engine.

A mechanic's shop may have a combination engine starter and battery charger.

It needs a very large transformer, which has to draw enormous current from mains AC, in order to supply hundreds of amperes at 12V. Even then a car battery may have to be hooked up in parallel, to start a car engine.

a massive flywheel attached to a generator

but i want to know how i start the engine without battery .is any alternative present to replace the battery? and i also want to to start the engine which factor is important eg. like current rating ,voltage rating ,watt.i want to know what minimum current,voltage,wattage required to start the engine.

It is a little hard to see where you are headed with this question. If you want to run a car without a battery, you can change the ignition to magneto. Race cars and aircraft have such ignitions. They generate their own spark without a battery. As for starting, popping the clutch, as AG suggests is how it can be done. Much older cars, had a hand crank in front. And with aircraft, you can use the propeller, if it has one.

I would advise you, though, to read carefully about your car. The electronics in modern cars can be damaged, if you try to run them without a battery in the circuit. This explains a little about it:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/dont_disconnect_battery.htm

John

can you send the operation of magneto ignition system.i want to know the detail information about magneto.

- - - Updated - - -

can i use the magneto ignition sytem to tractor that have diesel engine.

There are plenty of links here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_ignition

You seem to be considering adapting a magneto to a car. That is a very specific application. You should visit (physically or on the Internet) a shop that modifies cars for racing. Alternatively, disassemble any two- or four-cycle petrol-powered engine that does not have a battery. String trimmers, chain saws, leaf blowers, and lawn mowers are common examples. Also, kick-start, small displacement scooters and motorcycles may have magneto ignitions.

John

- - - Updated - - -

can i use the magneto ignition sytem to tractor that have diesel engine.

Not quite sure why you want to add an ignition to a diesel tractor. None of the diesel engines I have use ignitions. They do have glow plugs for cold starting, but those willnot run on a magneto.

John

can you send the name of device or any circuit that provide 750A current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back