Not open for further replies.

BillEccles

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Gentleones,

I'm going to use a dual-readout EDAC card-edge connector part. Since I'm using Allegro, I'm having a bear of a time trying to figure out how to create the daughter board's card edge connector footprint.

Here's what I've done:

First, I've defined a shape for the actual contact finger—it's a SHA file.

Second, I've defined a padstack which uses the SHA file. Single-layer mode is enabled, because the top and bottom fingers on the board need to be on different nets.

Third… there is no third. I don't know where to go from here. I thought I would be able to define a symbol/DRA file with pins on the top and bottom layers of the board, but no dice, or at least I can't figure out how to place a pin on the bottom.

I thought about making a symbol and placing one on the top and then mirroring it to use it on the bottom. The net result would be that the top pin 1 and bottom pin 36 (in this case) would line up since if the top pins were 1-36, left-to-right, the bottom pins would be 36-1, also left-to-right.

Do I really have to make two symbols which are different for each side of the board?! Or am I missing something really, really obvious?

Frustrated,
Bill

-----------------------------------------------
Bill Eccles  www.bill.eccles.net  Tolland, CT

No trees were harmed in sending this message.
However, a lot of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced.

Why not simply define a pad stack that would have etch on top side and second padstack that would have etch on bottom side?

Stack a:
Top: x-y
internal: 0
bottom: 0

Stack b:

top: 0
internal: 0
bottom: x-y

eda

...and that's why I asked! I knew somebody would come up with a clever solution!

If anybody has any other ideas, I'm wide open, but I think this one should fit the Bill, so to speak.

Thanks a zillion!
/Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…