Not open for further replies.

def_rain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello comrades.
Recently I started to learn Cadence Allegro 16.6 hotfix 59.
I have a question to which I do not find the answer. I am hope for your help!

I tracer his first in the PCB Allefro PCB Designer (was Performance L).
When the alignment of the components (symbols) found some inconveniences.

Assume the following situation:
I need to place two identical components (symbols) under each other.
However, they have to be close to each other or with a minimum gap between them silkscreen outline (as in the photo - the block №2 (yellow circle)).

I do the following:
1. First, I align the components relative to one another in the X command "Align components".
2. Next, I shall place the lower component against the upper component. But, as the components are already aligned to the X, I have to change only the coordinate Y (as in the photo - the block №2 (yellow circle)).
Here I am having difficulties ...

If I use the tool "Move" and move the components of a computer mouse, it will surely change the coordinate X, and it is unacceptable (conciliation, it is difficult to move the mouse vertically exactly).
... Or I can use the "Pick" ... but in this case, I need to calculate the Y coordinate so that the two components were close. This loan a lot of time.

What is the best and easier to move the component by changing only the coordinate Y, so it does not change the coordinate pre-exposed X? Maybe there is a tool on the similarity of "parallel movement"?

Suppose in LAYOUT 10.5 can align the components of the X, and then move the Y using the arrow up / down keys on a computer keyboard.
I am wondering whether there is anything like that in the Allegro?

I would be grateful for your help.
Thank you.

Thanks to all. I understand. Topic can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…