Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Algorithm to Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflieu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
Could some ASIC experts share the flow of implementation of certain algorithm (comm algo or DSP algo for example) ? How do you partition and schedule the algorithm so that you can describe in VHDL?
What are the tools out there do you use (I'm still an industry virgin in Uni ) ... ?
Thanks a lot,
Jeff

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
There are books they teach you Verilog & VHDL but unfortunately there are no book
which talks about algorithm to hardware implementation.
The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

You mean that's like art? You need to "synthesize a solution" on case by case basis, relying on your experiences? I just wish to know typical works carried out when a project is defined.
I've implemented control intensive hardware block but this time, I find it weird and uncomfortable to implement a computing intensive algorithm with all the scheduling, partitioning. Just wondering how people do it.
Thanks ,
Jeff

Yes you are correct! Its like solving a big problem. Unless you start solving it
you wont get the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back