Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Agent2.CJSN trojan virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rntsay

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I downloaded a program that I really need but my antivirus program
(AVG antivirus free edition) says that it has the Agent2.CJSN trojan
virus. Does anyone know about this? Is it a real threat? There's nothing
on the net.

Thanks for the reply but that's not what I asked.

I want to know if this virus is real or harmless (false positive). AVR already detects it and so far I have quarantined the file but that's preventing me from
using the program.

Have you uploaded the file to Virus Scan? If not it is highly recommended:

Virus Scan

VirSCAN.org is a FREE on-line scan service, which checks uploaded files for malware, using antivirus engines, indicated in the VirSCAN list. On uploading files you want to be checked, you can see the result of scanning and how dangerous and harmful/harmless for your computer those files are.

It is sometimes amazing the difference between each antivirus engine's report. The site will also give you a diagnosis of the severity of the virus.

Reactions: rntsay

rntsay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the suggestion. This looks like a useful site. AVR blocks me from uploading the quarantined file to the site. I tried another virus scanner and
it also found the trojan. I think I'll play it safe and assume this threat is real...
too bad.

Yes, the virus scan site is very useful. I have used it and others to track down new virus and malware.

Can you momentarily disable AVR's protection, upload the file and then reenable the AVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back