Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

again xbee problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed an circuit for my Xbee series 1 module that include an 3.3v regulator and simple logic level converter (ttl to cmos). (see included image please)
I connecting it to a USB to COM converter that i build with AT89C5131, it's working fine with the series 1 with no problems at all.

the problem starts when i replaced the series 1 with series 2 module.
The Xctu program (from digi, program that configure the xbee module) working just fine with the series 1 but when i try it with series 2 it working just for a little bit and the stop (it's ain't get any data from the xbee), i even get the ON led blinking once and then the module ain't responding until reset\power reset.

BTW
series 1 even working even without the capacitors.

someone ever try it or got this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

thanks you all.

Hi,
Did you match the Baud Rate (BD) and parity specifications of Xbee with those of the USB to serial interface? The default value of BD is 9600 for Xbee.

Regards,
Laktronics

Yeap, the baud rate is fine.
It communicate with the module but after 20 char's submited it stop responding and the ON led is turning off and on (stay on) very slowly and only after restart it working for 20 more chars and again...

what mode is the module in? Series 2 can be zigbee endpoint/router/coord nodes and if it is an endpoint it may be looking for a coord to talk to.

Hi,
As Milo has said, the problem seems to be with the RF sending side and not with the interface.The data seems to be getting accumulated in the buffer and not getting transmitted. So, analyse the problem from this point.

Regards,
Laktronics

and to communicate with two xbee s2 i need one coordinator and one end point?

Hi,
Yes, as per their system architecture a network consists of a coordinator and multiple routers and/ or endpoints.

Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back