Status
Not open for further replies.

goldriver

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a system which has sensors monitoring moisture,temperature and light and then it uses these parameters to control a motor. However,before implementation, i would like to carry out a simulation which provides simulation using ARDUINO MICROCONTROLLER as the coding is easier. Can you advise a software that would allow me to simulate a motor? . I know that sensors can be simulated using potentiometers or varible resistances as all of the above mentioned sensors convert the input to resistance change. The only issue is to simulate a motor. Is proteus advisable?

So to sum it up:
Please advise a simulation software which can allow me to achieve the above tasks using arduino such that i can upload an .ino file to the simulator.

"Simulate a motor" - regarding which of it's properties?

None of the listed sensors takes a mechanical quantity as input, so it won't react on the movement of the motor. Or you attempt to simulate a system where the motor movement is causing further pysical action, e.g. driven a fan, moving something etc. which is finally sensed as input quantity.

Generally, the system can be described by linear and nonlinear differential equations which can be modelled in C code.

Position of a stepper motor*

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,obviously it doesn't take a mechanical quantity as an input but it does convert the input to a change in resistance.

Yes. Proteus can simulate a stepper with its angle. Also Proteus had Arduino models. For temperature sensor you can use DTH11 and LDR for light. Proteus also has these models. If this is a hobby project then Proteus can do the job.

Yes, Proteus will be better option. I have used it earlier with motors, LEDs, sensors, switches and PIC micros. Results were on expected lines.

Yes. Proteus can simulate a stepper with its angle. Also Proteus had Arduino models. For temperature sensor you can use DTH11 and LDR for light. Proteus also has these models. If this is a hobby project then Proteus can do the job.

Thanks! ,No, its not a hobby project ,its a small part of my final year project in my undergraduate EE .

Status
Not open for further replies.