Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice needed (avenues to study electronics, job prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBPChief

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I hope I'm posting is in the right place. I have read the before you post threads. I'm an older student. A couple of months ago I was given some electronics kits and have been self studding. What I'm looking for is advice on remote learning electronics/software education, and what ones are the best.
I'm not opposed to an on campus college, but I have a bit of a mobility problem. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. Also, what areas of electronics/software have the greatest potential for employment upon educational completion?

1. Job market is not homogeneous; some places it is easy to get one while it may be more difficult get one at another place. This is basically the demand and supply model and the local demand determines the quality of the job market. You need to estimate the local demand in your region by independent means.

2. Let us assume that you are at the interview station and there are five candidates for one position. In the selection panel there will be also 4-5 (sometimes more) people sitting analyzing different aspects of the applicants. For example, one evaluates the domain knowledge of the applicant while another tries to measure whether the candidate is a team player or not. And you will never know.

3. There is nothing wrong in self-learning but a formal degree has some advantages (mainly because of the quality issue). Again this is highly variable and you must look around see the local environment.

Hi,

I'm a student and working in the field of electronics / embedded software. Udemy courses have been very popular in recent years and there are many useful courses.

As far as I know, for someone who has developed his cat well, there is always a job opportunity in the field of embedded software.

I wish you success :)

Thank you both for your responses. My parents live in the San Jose, CA area. I agree a college education is well worth the investment and time, so that is what I'll be doing. I've started a course on C++ programming and have an Arduino board and kit to work with.
Again, I do appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back