Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADSL router NAT configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesholv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

I have simple doubt about NAT function occuring in the ADSL router . Since ADSL router aquiring its public ip (inside global) from ISP dhcp server and it is changing frequently , how can write a permenent NAT configurion in the ADSL router ? Please explain about it

Regards
Aneesh

What do you mean with permanent NAT configuration? What do you want to achieve?

I have several machines in my local LAN and these computers are communicate to internet through a common public ip of ISP . NAT is done in in ADSL router/modem and the public ip is acquring through dhcp request and thus there have a chance to change this ip frequently . Then how this NAT configuration ( converting private ip to common public ip) done ? Can you explain about this

Address translation for outgoing connections is performed automatically by a router, you don't nee to configure it. For ingoing connections, port forwarding must be configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.