Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADSL G.SHDSL calculations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSniper

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
i have a question about how to calculate the total bandwidth for say 200,000 "as an example" broadband users "G.SHDSL & ADSL", what is the total?
more important how to calculate it?
what is the theoretical or mathematical laws used to do such calculations?
i need any kind of information if you have some ebooks would be nice if not no problem

waiting your relplies

regards

The Sniper (+)

anybody please am still waiting

perhaps I am oversimplifying.

you just multiply the upstream (towards exchange) rate for ADSL users (1 Mbps, say) and that for SHDSL users (10 Mbps, say), you get total bitrate in upstream (11 *200,000).

Find out nominal downstream rates for both, and arrive at the same for downstream rates.

The bitrates stem from maximum capacity (bitrate) achievable by telephone lines used by these systems and communication schemes defined by the respective standards. Capacity is determined by Shannon's theorem, which gives the capacity of a channel, given the signal to noise ratio, and bandwidth.
-b

Status
Not open for further replies.