Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS LSSP simulation non convergence errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubuta77

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I simulate the PA using model from Infineon. I can't do the load-pull properly because of non- convergence errors. Additionally when i run LSSP simulation the results is the same. When i decrease the input power by 5-10dB from saturation level the problem dissapears. HB for single tone when i make some changes at setup (Krilov method) i can work at saturation levels.
I used to work with AWR and never see such problems. Is it model fault or i do something wrong?

Hello bubuta,

Yes, it may be due to inefficient model development ....Also change the convergence settings in MWO HB...
Try upload your MWO file here, we can help you better....

---manju---

Unfortunately i don't have AWR model it's a reason why i move to ADS. It's really start to look like model problem because when i make same simulation with different tranzistor (Freescale one) it works pretty fine without my changes at HB setup. Anyway thanks

in HB Controller block, there are different options targeted to specific problems.You'd better to read the principles of HB method and research in application notes of Agilent to resolve your problem.

adding farther, under HB solver you can change solver type, increase iterations, and convergence mode and combination of these.
I know, It converges when Krilov solver is set and at advanced settings the preconditioner set to SCP (it's for highly non-linear devices - i do read the manual). But still the behaviour is not stable change of some parameter can cause to non-convergence. Additionally the LSSP can't converge.
I move to freescale model - works pretty fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back