Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADIsimPLL for designing a PLL synthesizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone;
I used ADIsimPLL software from Analog Device to design a PLL synthesizer and it gave me a schematic. Is it a perfect design? Should I use MATLAB to test the design?

Re: ADIsimPLL [hlp]

AdiSimPLL will model what you would model in Matlab, so you shouldn't need to do any matlab modeling.

Is it perfect? Well, it's a perfect simulation of the things you told it to simulate. Did it simulate what you want to build? Only you can answer that. Layout is a crucial part of a PLL, and that's not modeled in Adisimpll.

Dave

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: ADIsimPLL [hlp]

in system level simulation both matlab and ADIsim are ok , the ADIsim is good for ADI chips ,
but u need to do a good effort in the physical layout of the PLL , and both MATLAB and ADisim will not tell u about this

as a frist order design , ADIsim is good

khouly

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back