Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADE7756 pin problem - communication pulled down by the IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

~E3016~

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ade7756

Hi everyone...

i've a real confusing problem with the ADE7756. whenever i made a communication trough SPI, the DIN (data input to ADE7756) was pulled down by the IC itself, i checked this using the scope, the other pins were OK (SCLK,CS). the logic have to be 1(5V) and 0(0V), but the actual measurement was just 2V - 0V...

i tried use buffer, but the same thing still happen. the DIN from uC is OK now, though.

please help me ...

(i'm using MCS51)

ade7756 input

Hi

Since the SPI pin are not defined as open drain - I think you probably mixed between DO and DI

Just replace between DI and DO - this is a common mistake

All the best

Bobi

Re: ADE7756 pin problem

bobcat1 said:
Hi

Since the SPI pin are not defined as open drain - I think you probably mixed between DO and DI

Just replace between DI and DO - this is a common mistake

All the best

Bobi

thx for caring ...

i have observed that both DIN and DOUT has high impedance as an input or output, and the datasheet doesn't explain that the pin is open drain either. i have also tried to use pull up with 10K ohm. and it seems the IC still pulling it down.

Re: ADE7756 pin problem

Hi

Upload your schematic

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.